Saturday, August 16, 2014

My 5 sen~ My Precious~


My 5 sen (cent) coins ~ my precious but worthless in the eyes of those who don’t know the value.

They didn’t want my 5 sen coins in RM 5 in total as that is the value of excess baggage I need to pay which I was short of money in paper shape. I happen to have a pouch of coins in 5 sen and 1 sen. So I count the money… other passengers waiting patiently for my long process of dropping of my baggage. My sister waiting worried the money we ask our other sister to wire in still not in my standing –next-to-me-sister and our cousin still on his way (later we found out hee too was short in money and that money to come to rescue and help us is the left over money for the month. He just started working). So back to the coins I put it at the counter and ask the staff to count the money… ‘ini tak boleh’ I was like what !!?! ‘ duit juga ni 5 ringgit semuanya’ so sad that the staff just ignore it and I think pretending to be busy typing on the computer processing  what ever and I too refuse to budge.. because it is RM 5 what!!  My sister and I decided to step a way a bit but still hoping that the coins will solve the problem. Then out of the blue this passenger guy took out RM 5 in green plastic ‘paper’ money from behind and gave us the money. My sister and I was like waa thank you and but what pissed me off is that female staff lifted her head and just took that money like nothing happen. HEY WHAT HAPPEN TO THE RM 5 IN COINS?@?!?! WHAT THE H*** is DIFFERENCE FROM THAT 1 piece of RM 5 ????????!!!!  The value is the same but become worthless because it's in coins????!?! Or because it's in 5 sen and 1 sen?!?!? Aren’t those coins money? Don’t you know how to count? Hey that time 5 sen and 1 sen still counts.. somewhere in 2006.. even that fast food chain restaurants counts every cent! Remember RM3.99 or RM 9.99… well hey hello sister!!! Big franchise restaurants even knows what 1 sen can make. Even the fuel cost RM 1.95 sometime before see that 5 sen??? Hey they do count what???!?! They should now reflect on their past for now they even offer their tickets in value like 10¢ somewhere in 2012… I bet they don’t accept coins too. I question myself what kind of money means value?  But  recently that the government finally realize that 1 sen is slipping away (it costs the government more to make 1 sen coins than its real value in the market) that anything that closer to the 5 or 0 will become 0 +1 or 5. Meaning they will round off the money to RM 0.05 or to RM 0.10. but back then it wasn’t like that, they do counts every single cent… see that see that every SINGLE CENT!  single equals to 1 right?? So isn’t that 5 sen and 1 sen means value of money? And that staff ignore its value!?!? How hard it is to count ? she makes me feel that the precious money I kept in coins is useless. It is like just a round flat hard metal that makes the ting! ting! sound  that looks like coins but she doesn’t see money in it.

Thank you to my sister once I was safely arrived home the money was in but actually in another account which we didn’t check. Maybe because we were panic and lost but that 5 sen wasn’t panic that was quick thinking that I do have the money but they refused it because of what??!?!?! Because it’s in coins?!! A lot of coins???????!!!! Or because it was in 5 sen and 1 sen??!?!!? That you don’t want it!!?!

Thank you to the guy in spectacles carrying a black backpack and few things in white scrolls. He refused to be repaid once I arrived. My other sister was so worried that I think she cried because of the situation we (my other sister on the other side of the country) put her into. 

Even though it was a bitter memory.. I still love coins. Plenty of them and it is like telling me that not that I don’t have the money, it’s just that it’s in coins. Country like Brunei and Japan the coins worth so much in daily life. But in country like Indonesia it worth more less the same like how coins worth in Malaysia. Things priced more than before. Things price RM 1 for three piece of kuih instead of 90 sen (cent) because if I buy one it is 30 sen … funny how three pieces of kuih turns to RM 1. People wants to complain but sometimes they just give away RM 1.. ‘satu ringgit saja bah’. Sedekah ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment